As you might remember from my post about February’s Birchbox, I ended up canceling that service and signing up for Glossybox.
Let me just say—Glossybox is a HOME RUN! When I initially signed up for a beauty subscription, my hope was to be able to try new makeup products. Glossybox totally delivers on that. Four out of the five items I received were makeup products.
Here’s what I got:
5. Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce Hairspray
1. Elite Models Liquid Eyeliner: I used to shy away from liquid liners, but have found some favorites with ones made by Eyeko and Stila. I can definitely add Elite Models’ version to liquid liner rotation. The color is dark brown—the perfect shade to really enhance the eyes, but it isn’t too intense. The product goes on smoothly and dries instantly, so you can apply your mascara immediately afterward.
2. ModelCo Cheek + Lip Tint: Before trying this product, I read that it was a gel-based stain. It is definitely a stain—so much so that my fingers were tinted pink after using it. When you squeeze the product out of the bottle, it almost looks like a drop of blood. But, when you blend it into your skin, it turns into a really nice soft pink. It’s a perfect color for spring. And, because it’s a stain I didn’t see any signs of fading while wearing it.
3. Pixi Lid Last Shadow Pen: I never hear much about Pixi in magazines or on blogs, and that’s a shame. Pixi has a few really great products that I’ve tested. So, I was excited to receive this shadow pen. This versatile product can be used as an all-over shadow, eyeliner or even a highlighter for the inner corners of the eyes or brow bone. The product is really easy to apply and leaves you with a not-too-dramatic shimmery pink.
4. Illamasqua Eye Pencil: The insert in my Glossybox said I was supposed to receive a sample of Prestiche Essential Oil Bar Soap. But….I guess someone messed up and gave me an eye pencil instead. Score! (Speaking of Prestiche—the box came with a $40 off coupon for this line of products. I tried to visit the website and there was an error. Hmm.) I’ve heard so much about Illamasqua products, but never tried anything from the line. The color I received is best described as khaki. It can be used on the eyes, lips, face or body (according to Illamasqua). This is something I probably wouldn’t use on anywhere but my eyes—the color is great for a daytime or work look. The pencil glides on, is intensely pigmented and lasts.
5. Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce Hairspray: This hairspray is designed to provide flexible hold to the hair while giving it high shine. I was skeptical when I read this. As a brunette, I usually find that hairsprays just make my hair look duller. The hairspray does work and provides great hold. I wouldn’t say that it provides my hair with more shine, but it definitely doesn’t dull my hair like other products do. The negative on this one for me is the smell. It has a really intense chemical smell.
Have you tried Glossybox? I think I’m hooked!