Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fashion: What to Wear to a Wedding

 
Wedding season is here! When I receive a wedding invitation in the mail I get so excited. Who doesn't love celebrating love? After I get over all the giddiness that I get when I receive an invite, one of the things that pops into my head is "what am I going to wear?" I'm standing up in a wedding this weekend, so luckily I'm all set with what I'm wearing. She's been one of my best friends since middle school and I'm so honored to be a part of her special day.  
 
I'm more often a guest than a bridesmaid however, so the outfit question comes into play. I've found that if the wedding is in the spring or summer light pastel colors are always a safe bet. If the wedding is in the fall or winter I go for jewel tones and richer colors. Black is always acceptable and can be worn no matter what season. I made the mistake of wearing a white and silver dress to a wedding and was so embarrassed once someone mentioned that I was wearing white and wasn't the bride. It's becoming more acceptable these days to wear white to weddings but I have learned to avoid it.
 
I always try to look polished but not overdone. It's time for the bride and bridesmaids to shine. My rule (for all occasions) is that it's always better to overdress than under dress so make sure you choose the appropriate type of outfit. Unless you know for sure the wedding has a more casual vibe, don't go casual. Another thing I've noticed while attending weddings are dresses that are too tight or too short (or both). Remember there will most likely be parents and grandparents attending and you want to look presentable. Save those outfits for a night out with your girlfriends ;)
 
I have purchased a few clutches and bags to match various colors for dresses and always feel relieved when I don't have to scramble for the right purse. I also always make sure to wear some kind of jewelry to pull the whole look together. Remember to wear comfortable shoes - weddings are long and you'll want to dance the night away later. The last thing you'll want to think about are sore feet.
 
Here are some looks that I would wear to spring or summer weddings:

Dress JCrew, Clutch BCBG, Shoes Steve Madden
 
Dress JCrew, Clutch BCBG, Shoes Steve Madden
 
These would look great for fall or winter:
 
Dress ModCloth, Clutch and Shoes Asos

Dress ModCloth, Clutch and Shoes Asos
As I mentioned earlier, you can't go wrong with an LBD

Dress JCrew, Clutch and Shoes Steve Madden
 
What do you think of these looks? Do you also worry about what to wear when you get invited to weddings or other formal occasions?

 

3 comments:

  1. I would like to suggest you to have matching of your wedding clutch with your wedding outfit, any by me a nice silver grey clutch would be great with red-golden wedding gown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm in love with the spring jcrew dress, do you have any more details?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I do not agree with is the "Any wedding" part. I'm sorry but you do not dress in black for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete