Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Beauty: Save Tons of Money Instantly!

 
Want to save up to hundreds of dollars a year? I've recently discovered a little trick that may save you a ton of money.
 
I was running out of my BB cream and thought I might be able to get a day more out of my product even though I couldn't squeeze any more out of the tube. I figured it wouldn't hurt anything if I cut the bottle open to see if a little more could be used. To my amazement there was a TON of product left. We're talking at least 2 weeks worth of product (I don't use a ton on my face so this amount will last me a while).
 
I was happy but then got a little upset -- I had been throwing out a ton of product in the past without even trying this easy trick to get more out of the packaging. How much would that even add up to? I know companies need to make money, but creating packaging that allows a ton of product to be trapped inside is such a waste.
 
 
 
I cut the very top off of the tube and scraped what I could reach out into a small clean jar I had laying around. After all of that product was out, I cut the bottle again further down so I could get even more out. I still can't believe how much would have been tossed if I didn't open the tube.
 
Think about it -- there are tons of things I use in liquid form that comes in packaging like that. Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, tons of makeup products, etc. If you did that every single time you could be saving hundreds of dollars a year. It's worth the effort if you ask me!

Have you ever cut open your beauty products to get more out of them? Do you have any other money saving tips to share? We'd love to hear all about it!

2 comments:

  1. I do this too! Half the product is left in the container!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how I didn't realize this until now. It's sad how much product I've been wasting over the years!

      Delete