Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Amanda's April Birchbox Review


My April Birchbox was pretty good! I got a wide variety of products this month and got to try some brands out that I had been wanting to try. Here's a look at what I got this month along with my reviews:




1. Skin&Co Bagnodoccia Body Gel
According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Our shower had very little in common with sunny Sicily until we tried these delightful body washes. Lightly scented with zesty ingredients sourced from Italy, Skin&Co Roma’s gels work into a rich lather that purifies skin with moisturizing olive oil and plant extracts aplenty.

My Review: I really liked the way this shower gel smelled and felt on my skin. It wasn't overpowering at all and made me feel really clean and my skin was so smooth after using. I would definitely consider purchasing this product! 

According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Think your hair doesn’t grow fast enough? The real problem could be breakage, which is caused by heat styling, overbrushing, and even aging. Give your strands back their youthful luster with this silky serum. It strengthens from the inside out, resulting in healthier, younger looking hair in just one week.

My Review: This hair elixir smelled fantastic. My hair did have a little more body and shine the second time I used it. I'm really happy with the hair repair oil that I'm already using so I most likely won't purchase the full size, but it was nice to try out a different brand. 

According to the Birchbox Breakdown: When it comes to aging gracefully, it’s all about the eyes. This clinically-proven, award-winning concentrate provides a proverbial hat trick of benefits: it reduces the appearance of wrinkles, diminishes dark under-eye circles, and keeps puffiness in check.

My Review: After about 2 straight weeks of use I've started to see some minimal results. It hasn't been anything dramatic, but I have yet to find a eye cream that has amazing instant results. I have started to see some wrinkles around my eyes and I think using a product like this would be great for maintenance and keeping my skin more youthful looking. I'm still searching for my miracle product but will consider purchasing a full sized product to see how it worked with prolonged use. 

According to the Birchbox Breakdown: When it comes to shine, there’s a thin line between a dewy, radiant complexion and looking like you moonlight as an auto-mechanic. To stay onthis side of an oil spill, we rely on Youngblood’s Anti-Shine Mattifier. The balm-like formula keeps oil in check all day long while upping your makeup’s staying power. The translucent hue seamlessly blends in with all skin tones and leaves behind a satiny finish.

My Review: My skin is on the dry side so this mattifier didn't do much for me. It felt and looked like a chapstick consistency so it didn't seem like it would help that much with oil. However, I put it on my t-zone and it didn't make my skin feel oily at all. I never get oily skin so I won't be purchasing this product. 

According to the Birchbox Breakdown: We’ve heard the buzz about natural products, but most lack the lush scents and silky textures we crave. Not so with this Swiss brand’s new collection of nourishing body lotions. Made with all-natural fruit extracts, the lightweight formula is loaded with rejuvenating ingredients that boost elasticity and protect skin against environmental aggressors.

My Review: Not a fan. Sorry, but this lotion was not great at all. I received three small samples of this product in different scents and I didn't like any of them. I didn't think the lotion did a great job of moisturizing my skin and the smell was so overpowering. I would not purchase this! 

Overall I'm happy with the products I was able to try. There are some more brands I can cross of my list of ones to try! 

Did you get a April Birchbox? Have you tried any of the products listed above?



No comments:

Post a Comment