After working 8 hours and commuting a little over 2 hours each day, the last thing I have energy for at the end of the day is cooking an elaborate meal. We try to eat at home Monday-Thursday and I like to incorporate easy and healthy meals into our rotation. These Mexican tostadas are super easy to make and can be customized to your liking. We hope you enjoy them!
What you'll need:
6 corn tortillas
1 can refried beans (I used refried black beans with jalapenos from Trader Joe's)
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup cheddar cheese
Optional toppings: sour cream, green onions, cilantro, lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, hot sauce, etc.
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Using a basting brush and olive oil, lightly coat both sides of your tortillas
3. Place your coated tortillas on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes
4. Use your can of refried beans to evenly coat your six tortillas
5. Sprinkle your cheese evenly over the tortillas and bake for an additional 5 minutes
6. Let cool slightly and top with your favorite toppings. We used fresh tomatoes, sour cream and hot sauce last night. I love adding green onions and cilantro too!
See - told you it was easy! This meal takes less than 20 minutes to make and cleanup is easy too. My kind of weeknight meal :)
Do you have any easy dinner recipes you love? Share them in the comments!