Over the past week I’ve written about the chest/shoulder and bicep/back exercises I currently perform as part of my weight lifting routine. This is part three, where I’ll share the exercises I do to work out my triceps and forearms.
- Tricep dips (using bodyweight or assisted machine)
- Skull crushers
- Rope cable extension
- Overhead rope cable extension
- Tricep pushdown
- Dumbbell kickbacks
- Cable one arm tricep extension
- Dumbbell wrist curls (palms down and palms up)
- Behind the back cable wrist curls (using bar)
- Reverse grip barbell curls
For triceps, I usually do four sets of four different exercises. When I started workout out, triceps is actually the area of my body where I noticed the quickest gains. It’s one of my favorite muscle groups to work. I don’t perform my forearm routine as often as I work out other muscle groups, but it’s still important to do every so often. No one wants big, toned upper arms and scrawny forearms. :)
Stay tuned for part four!