Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What to Wear to a Bridal/Baby Shower


Summer is typically known as wedding season. And that definitely rings true on our end because Amanda is getting married in June! In preparation for the big day, she’s had two bridal showers. I thought it’d be fun to share my thoughts on some cute dresses to wear to any kind of shower. 

Me, Amanda and our lovely friend Nicole
My dress: Draped Jersey Dress, The Limited, $79.90 (50% off)

I saw this dress on a mannequin and had to have it—especially when I saw it was on sale for 50% off. This dress is really comfortable and has a darling keyhole back. And, I think the color is perfect for spring. I paired this dress with blush/nude colored pumps.

Ponte Knit Sheath Dress, Express, $69.90 (30% off)

Okay, I cheated with this dress a little. I found it at 30% off and had a $25 gift card so I got it for super cheap. My favorite thing about this dress is the color. As the temperature rises (or rises and falls, then falls even more like this year!) I love breaking out clothes that are brightly colored. In addition to that, this dress is extremely comfortable. I paired this dress with cobalt blue pumps for some extra color.

Before I purchased these dresses, I tried on others at a few different stores. Here are a couple I considered:

image enlargement
Strapless Cotton Floral Dress, White House Black Market, $170

image enlargement
Chic Lilac Sheath, White House Black Market, $160

I really liked both of these dresses, but the price really held me back. I’m usually not into floral prints, but decided to give the cotton dress a try. It fit nicely and the pattern wasn’t overwhelming. The lilac dress fit like a DREAM. It seemed like it was made for my body. But, lilac isn’t usually a color I wear from head-to-toe and decided against it. In any case, these are two great possibilities to wear to a bridal shower. 

Will you be attending any bridal or baby showers this summer? What do you plan to wear? 



No comments:

Post a Comment