We’ve mentioned it before—eyebrows are very important to a woman’s overall look. Well groomed brows can totally transform a face. The problem is that there are so many ways that eyebrows can be done wrong—too thick, too thin, too short, uneven, etc.
Here are a few tips on how to achieve a good shape for your face:
- Use a pencil or other thin object to align the inner corner of your eye with the start of your eyebrow. Your brow shouldn’t extend past this line.
- The arch of your brow should match up with the outer part of your iris.
- The end of your brow should align with the natural upward curve of your bottom lash line.
Also make sure that you aren’t tweezing or waxing too much from the underside of the brow. Make it a point to leave your natural shape intact and get rid of hairs that are outside of your natural shape.
Some other tips:
- Don’t tweeze the top of your brows. There’s a misconception that eyebrow shape is attributed to the lower part of the brow, but the top provides a lot of shape too. Only get rid of obvious strays on the top.
- If you aren’t sure how to shape your brows, visit a professional. There are plenty of places out there that offer eyebrow waxing or shaping. If you’re on a budget, you could ask for a consultation and revisit once or twice.
- If your brows are too thin and you’re trying to grow them back, do some research and brow hair growth products. You could also invest in a good eyebrow pencil or powder to help fill in and keep you from continuing to over-tweeze or wax.
How do you keep your brows looking great?