Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Health & Nutrition: Non Fruit Smoothie Recipe

I've been on a major smoothie kick lately. I think it has something to do with the nice weather that we're finally getting in Chicago. Also, my parents generously gave Jay and I a Vitamix for our recent wedding shower and I've been obsessed with using it. You wouldn't believe how much of a difference it makes. It's worth every single penny!

I was previously putting a lot of fruit (way too much actually) in my smoothies. I decided to not put any in one day to see if it would taste okay without it. To my surprise, I loved the taste and didn't miss the fruit at all.

I've been having these for breakfasts lately and am surprised on how full they make me. Usually I'm hungry again in just a few short hours, but these keep me full until I can take a break at work.


What you'll need:
One generous handful of almonds or another nut of your choice
One scoop protein powder (I use vanilla egg white protein)
A generous handful of spinach or another green of your choice (I promise you won't taste it!)
1 cup of almond milk or another liquid of choice
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon flax seeds
4 ice cubes
A few dashes of cinnamon

What to do:
1. Put all contents into your mixer and blend for a minute or two.
2. Put in a large cup and enjoy!
Super quick, easy and so good for you! I hope I keep up with these through the summer.

Do you have any smoothie recipes you're loving lately? Share them below in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment