Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Easy and Healthy Salmon Burger Recipe


My mom recently told me about these salmon burgers she made and I couldn't get them off of my mind. I called her last night for the recipe and I'm so glad that I did -- they were phenomenal! I knew I had to share it with all of you on the blog today. Not only are these salmon burgers delicious, they are extremely healthy and packed with protein. 





What you'll need:
1 can wild Alaskan pink salmon (I purchased mine at Trader Joe's)
1 tablespoon coconut flour 
2 eggs
1 tablespoon coconut oil

What to do:
1. Open your can of salmon and drain all of the liquid out.
2. Using a fork, flake the salmon into small pieces making sure there are not any bones and put the contents in a medium sized bowl. 
3. Add the eggs and coconut flour and stir until contents are fully mixed 
4. Heat your tablespoon of coconut oil in a medium sized frying pan until it's fully melted. 
5. Form medium sized patties with your hands and place them in the heated pan. Make sure to lightly press down on them with a spatula so they brown evenly.
5. After 4-5 minutes, flip your burgers and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, until golden brown. 
6. Enjoy! 

We enjoyed ours with some grilled zucchini - it was fantastic! 


Have you made salmon burgers before? What is your favorite thing to make in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment