Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Adrianne's April Glossybox



April’s Glossybox featured a compilation of products to celebrate the change in seasons. From a rosy blush to moisturizing lip balm to beachy hair, this Glossybox says bye-bye to cold weather and hello to summer.





1. Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist

2. Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au thé Blanc Tea Bag for Bath

3. The Honest Company Honest Organic Lip Balm

4. Tigi Cosmetics Glow Blush

5.Wash With Joe Coffeemint Invigorating Body Wash

6. Le Métier De Beauté Replenishing Daily Solution

1. Alterna Haircare Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist: Because I have stick straight hair, I was excited to receive a hair product that could help give my hair some wave. This spray is meant to be applied to damp or dry hair, then worked through with your fingers to create a wavy loose look. I used this for a few days on damp hair. The spray has a nice fresh scent and didn’t make my hair feel hard or crispy, like some texturizing sprays can do. Unfortunately, I didn’t notice that the spray helped my hair achieve any kind of wave. I noticed some more body and bounce, but as far as a beachy tousled look this product fell short. 

2. Bvlgari Eau Parfumée au thé Blanc Tea Bag for Bath: I’m not a huge fan of taking baths. I mostly do it out of necessity to shave my legs and that’s exactly what I did to test out this bath tea bag. When removing the tea bag from its container, I was immediately hit with an overpowering floral scent so I was a little nervous. After a shower, I filled the tub and dropped in the bag. It broke open and the powder contained within dissolved into the bath. Once it dissolved, the bath actually smelled nice and not too overpowering. I did feel like it softened my skin. Even after I drained the tub, the tea bag left a nice after scent in my bathroom.

3. The Honest Company Honest Organic Lip Balm: Have you ever eaten an orange dreamsicle? That’s exactly what this lip balm smells like. It’s made from organic jojoba and olive, sunflower and coconut oils. This balm is extremely moisturizing, smells great and is made from natural ingredients. I’m a big fan! I keep this lip balm on my coffee table so I can apply it throughout the night if I’m sitting and working or watching tv.

4. Tigi Cosmetics Glow Blush: This baked blush is designed with all skin tones in mind. The rosy color provides a nice shimmer to the skin and the color looks great. I found it easy to apply and long lasting. Here’s how it looks on me:


5. Wash With Joe Coffeemint Invigorating Body Wash: I don’t even know where to begin with this product. I was excited to try it because I like energizing scents like citrus or mint—especially if it’s going to help wake me up in the morning. I was a little put off when I poured some of the product into my hand—it’s a dark brown color with the consistency of blood. Weird, right? It didn’t lather up for me or go on my skin smoothly, so it was a little difficult to use. Not only that, I really didn’t enjoy the smell. I got hit with faint notes of coffee, then mint and then I was overwhelmed by a smell I really hate—black licorice. Yuck. I wouldn’t use this product again. 

6. Le Métier De Beauté Replenishing Daily Solution: This daily lotion is packed with ingredients to nourish, rejuvenate and detoxify skin. It was really rich and moisturizing. The Glossybox even came with a discount to purchase. The problem? The full size is $225. No, that’s not a typo. It was fun to try something out that is so expensive, but I know I won’t use it again!

Have you tried any of these products?


No comments:

Post a Comment