Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Black Bean Burger Recipe


I have seen so many black bean burger recipes on Pinterest and have wanted to try creating my own for a long time. We finally put the grill out yesterday so it was the perfect time to try it out! I really made up my own thing based on some different recipes and surprisingly they turned out amazing! I hope you enjoy them :)



Black Bean Burger Recipe (makes 3 large burgers) 
 
What you'll need:
1 can black beans drained and rinsed 
1/4 cup breadcrumbs (cooked quinoa or dry oats would work great too)
1/4 tablespoon olive oil 
seasonings - I just eyeballed it instead of measured and added black pepper, Italian seasonings, hot sauce, cumin and red pepper (can you tell I like spices?)

What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Using a food processor or blender, pulse half of the can of black beans a few times.
3. Add your olive oil and seasonings and give it a few more spins.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl gently fold your blended bean mixture with the rest of the can of beans and the breadcrumbs. 
5. When mixed together wet your hands and form three medium sized burger patties. 
6. On a lined baking sheet, bake your burgers for 30 minutes at 300 degrees. 
7. Throw them on the grill for a few minutes to warm and brown them.
8. Enjoy! 

I put a little cheese and A1 on mine -- my favorite way to enjoy a burger! I'm so glad I found an alternative to red meat that I love! We enjoyed ours with some grilled summer squash and brussels sprouts.

Have you ever tired black bean burgers before? Let us know if you try this recipe out in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment