Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Fitness: Tips for Working Out During the Week


If you're like me, it's hard to stay motivated to workout during the week when you're busy with work. Adrianne and I work a 9-5 desk job and sitting all day does not help our fitness levels. I've come up with a few tips that have kept me motivated throughout the week and wanted to share them with you if you're finding yourself in the same situation or just want to become more active. 


1. Put all of your workout clothes in a gym bag the night before. This will ensure you have everything you need and will be ready to go the next day. 

2. If you workout before work lay out your clothes right next to your bed and put everything else you need for work right by the door (don't forget some kind of breakfast!). I'm not a morning person so early morning workouts before work don't usually work for me. When I occasionally drag my butt out of bed I've noticed this trick helps a ton.

3. Write down your scheduled workouts for the week in your planner. If I see that I have arms scheduled for my workout of the day, I know skipping it will throw off my schedule for the week. It helps keep me accountable and keeps track of what I've done.

4. Go with a friend. Luckily they have installed a gym where I work so I can run down there for a half hour on my lunch. I usually go with another coworker to help keep me on track and motivated to actually do it. I've found that going on lunch really breaks up my day and gives me an extra boost of energy in the afternoon. If you can get away from your desk, even to just go on a walk, you'll notice a huge difference in your productivity later in the day.

5. If you start to try to talk yourself out of going to the gym remember this: the sooner you start the sooner it will be over and you'll never regret working out but you really will regret not going. That always gets my butt in gear! If I'm not feeling it for the day I cut my workout a little short. However, I've noticed that as soon as I get going, I usually feel great and get a boost of energy to keep going. 

Have I convinced you yet that you should go workout today? What little tips or tricks do you use to keep yourself motivated and on track? 


No comments:

Post a Comment