Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Review: CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm



Over the weekend I picked up two of CoverGirl’s new Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balms. I purchased the colors ballet twist (a soft muted pink) and coral twist (true coral). I am a big fan of the lip pencil trend and was excited to try these out. 





The pencils are twist-up (as the color names imply), so there’s no sharpening or mess. The product goes on smoothly and provides a hint of shine, though the shine doesn’t last for very long. I’d liken them to a more moisturizing form of a lip liner—the color can be quite saturated depending on how much you apply and it’s pretty long-lasting. One of the downsides of the pencils is that after initially applying, the product can become a little bit dry. 

All-in-all, I like these pencils but am not totally crazy about them. I think there are plenty of other jumbo lip pencils on the market that do a better job of providing even richer color and more moisturizing. (Tarte LipSurgence or Clinique pencils are great.)

The gloss balms are available in 16 colors for $8.99 each at Ulta. (I scored mine on a buy one get one 50% off discount.) Have you tried CoverGirl’s Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balms? Are you a fan of jumbo lip pencils? 


No comments:

Post a Comment