Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Amanda's May Birchbox


I can't believe it's already the middle of May! Let's take a look at what I got in my Birchbox this month.









1. Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner
According to the Birchbox Breakdown: The makeup experts at Sumita have created a versatile eyeliner that exceeds all our tough standards: sensational blending abilities, bold colors, and non-irritating formulas. The soft wax formula goes on smooth to create clean lines or can be smudged to smoky perfection. Plus, the long-lasting liner will hold up all day and night.

My Review: I really did not like this product. I loved the color (I got a sapphire blue one) but sadly this product fell short. Halfway through the workday it was running down my face -- not a good look. When I got home it was almost impossible to get off the rest with eye makeup remover. I figured it would be a piece of cake it get off since it had been running so much earlier but sadly it was not. I won't be using the rest of my sample.
2.  COOLA Classic SPF 30 Cucumber Moisturizer for Face
According to the Birchbox Breakdown: This classic sunblock has everything we want in a daily SPF. The eco-friendly formula is made with 70 percent certified organic ingredients and protects from both UVA rays that lead to premature aging and UVB rays that cause painful burns. Plus, the refreshing cucumber scent gives us yet another reason to love the lightweight formula.

My review: I LOVED this sunscreen! I'm all about organic products (especially for my face and body) and was very excited to get this. I've been really taking extra care with my skin lately and as I've gotten older I now realize how important it is to protect my skin, especially my face. It's super light and non greasy. I easily can put this under my makeup and not notice the difference. I am seriously considering purchasing the full size when my sample runs out. 

3. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
According to the Birchbox Breakdown: We tend to gravitate toward products that have as many functions as Imelda Marcos has pairs of shoes. (Okay, that may be a slight exaggeration.) Beauty Protector’s leave-in mist is about as versatile as they come. It conditions, shields from heat and sun damage, and–of course–detangles, among other things. Plus, it’s 100% vegan and suitable for all hair types. 

My review: I wish the sample pump wasn't broken -- I couldn't give this a fair try because nothing would come out of the spray pump. It's really thick so it didn't work well to put some of the product in my hand. It made my hair too weighed down because of the amount of product that I put on it. Sadly I won't be trying the rest of my sample. 

4. Folle de Joie eau de parfum
According to the Birchbox Breakdown: There are two spots that feature prominently in our wanderlust-fueled daydreams: SoCal beaches and Parisian sidewalk cafés. Luckily, we can live vicariously through Joie’s refreshing new fragrance. Folle de Joie, which translates to “crazy with joy,” evokes both the relaxed and playful vibe of California and the seductiveness and refinement of the City of Light. 

My review: I really liked this perfume. The scent is amazing and it's not overpowering at all. I wish the full size was a little cheaper because I would seriously consider purchasing this!
According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Jot down all your brilliant ideas with these colorful hybrid ink pens. Featuring gorgeous colors, a retractable tip and a comfy contoured grip, they make writing fashionable again. Choose between assorted 3, 4, or 5 packs.

My review: I didn't mind the pen -- I got a pink one and I've been using it at work for my to-do list and special notes. I wish this was a bonus or extra item instead of replacing a beauty item entirely. I felt like they ran out of samples and threw this one in there. I was expecting a little more from Birchbox this month. 


Overall I was disappointed in this month's box. Three products were major bummers and there was only one product this month that I would consider purchasing. Unless my June box is a major hit, I'm seriously considering canceling my subscription. We shall see! 


No comments:

Post a Comment