Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Beauty: My Secret Beauty Weapon That I Found in My Kitchen


 
 
 
Yes, you read the title correctly, my biggest beauty secret was found in my kitchen. What is it you ask? Coconut oil! I know I've raved about the stuff before, but I'm telling you this stuff is liquid gold.



As you know, I have used it as a hair mask and have gotten amazing results. My favorite way to use it is as a moisturizer. For my body and FACE! Yes, I put oil on my face. Call me crazy, but I promise it won't make you break out. In fact, since using it on my face my skin has never been clearer. It has helped shrink the size of my pores and I've seen a decrease in the amount of blackheads on my nose and chin. It really helps moisturize my dry skin without leaving an oily mess.
 
I massage it into my skin before bed and love how silky smooth my skin is in the morning when I wake up. Another bonus is it smells amazing. Who wouldn't love smelling like a tropical vacation?
 
I told you, this stuff is awesome. Here are just a few more beauty uses of this magic in a jar:
1. As a natural makeup remover
2. Use it to clear up rashes and razor burn
3. It helps speed up recovery of scars (I've tested this theory on a burn I got from the stove and it worked wonders!)
4. Have super dry lips? Lather some of this stuff on and you'll be amazed how smooth your lips will feel.
5. Natural deodorant. I haven't tested this theory yet, but I've heard it's great as a deodorant too! Who would have known.
 
The possibilities are endless and there are a ton more ways to use this stuff! I can't rave about it enough. Run, don't walk to the store and pick yourself up a jar of this stuff. You won't be disappointed!
 
What are some ways you use coconut oil outside of the kitchen? You'll have to let us know if you give this a try for any of your beauty routines!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment