Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Coconut Oil Hydrating Hair Mask


It's no surprise that the winter is so harsh on our hair. My skin and hair have been so dry this season! I love using coconut oil for so many things: baking, cooking and even as an amazing beauty product. I decided to give myself a coconut oil hair mask treatment the other night and my hair has been so soft, silky, hydrated and frizz free ever since. I'm in love. It's so inexpensive and easy -- you've got to try this out! 


What you'll need:
Depending on how long your hair is you'll need 2-3 heaping spoonfuls of coconut oil
Hair brush
Hair clip
Patience 

What to do:
1. Heat up your coconut oil in the microwave for 30-45 seconds until it turns into liquid
2. Using your hands or a brush coat your entire head with the coconut oil. I like to massage my scalp to get rid of dry flakes and to really moisturize my hair from root to tip. 
3. Use a hair clip or tie to keep your hair up off of your face and neck
4. The longer you can keep it in the better. The oil should be left in a minimum of 2 hours and ideally should be left in overnight. 
5. Shampoo your hair a few times to make sure all of the oil is out.
6. Style your hair as normal and enjoy your soft, shiny, beautiful hair! 




You'll have to let us know if you try this treatment! We know you're going to love it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment