Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Simple Springtime Salad Recipe


I can't get into salads when it's cold out. Something about the winter makes me crave all warm comfort foods and salads and smoothies don't sound as appealing to me. Now that spring is right around the corner, I've been craving salads like crazy. I made this one the other day for a dinner party and it was a huge hit. Jay and I liked it so much that we made it again as part of our dinner last week. 


It's so simple and easy to put together, yet is full of flavor and will make you want to go back for seconds (or thirds). 

What you need:
1/2 cup chopped walnuts 
3/4 cup crumbled goat cheese 
1 large green apple 
1 bag baby spinach 
dressing of choice (we used pear and gorgonzola dressing and it was fantastic on this salad!)

What to do:

  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spread walnuts on a pan with parchment paper (easy cleanup!)
  2. Bake for 5-7 minutes until they are lightly toasted. Make sure to not let them burn! 
  3. I bought a log of goat cheese at the store so I sliced mine up in small little crumbles 
  4. Chop up your green apple into small cubes 
  5. Start with a generous layer of baby spinach and top it with a handful of apple cubes, goat cheese and walnuts. Start layer over again until you've used all of your ingredients. I find that this layering technique insures you'll get an equal amount of each topping in your bowl.
  6. Dish up and top with some dressing
  7. Enjoy! 

Can you enjoy salads in the winter or do you prefer to eat them when it's warmer out? What's a salad recipe that you love?




No comments:

Post a Comment