Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Warrior Dash Training Update




Back in January, I posted about my plans to participate in the Warrior Dash this June. Since that time I’ve been hitting the gym at least four to five times per week, if not more. Here’s a quick update on my progress:

Running: Running still continues to be a challenge for me, but I am improving. I’m noticing that first mile I run is getting a little bit easier and I’m definitely able to run farther than when I started. I have a long way to go to meet my goals, but I’m happy with my progress so far. 

Strength Training: The majority of my training over the past month and a half has been weightlifting. I’ve been working out various muscle groups on different days—biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, back, core/abs and legs/butt. I’m noticing more muscle definition and have been able to increase the amount of weight I lift in some areas. I’ve also noticed that my stomach (normally a trouble spot for me) is getting a little more toned and in shape. It’s so encouraging seeing some results! 

Circuit Training: This is something I definitely need to do more of! I’ve done a little, which has consisted of a few rounds of running, pull-ups, walking lunges and burpees. I’m hoping to do more over the next few weeks. 

Stretching: With adding more running to my workout routine, I’ve noticed that my legs are a little tighter. Also, because I’ve been strength training more, I’m experiencing more sore muscles. This is a good thing because I know I’m working hard, but it’s deterred me from having some really effective stretching sessions. I’ve been stretching, but I’ll need to do it more frequently.

Are you training for any races this year? Let us know!


No comments:

Post a Comment