Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Nutrition: How to Pump up Your Oatmeal


I'm a huge believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If I don't eat a huge protein packed meal in the morning I'm hungry within the hour. It keeps me moving and ready to tackle whatever challenges I have to face that day. 

I've recently been adding a ton of protein and healthy fats to my oatmeal and it's made a huge difference. I'm full for way longer and feel more energized and complete. There are so many flavor combinations you can try to keep it interesting. I have been sticking to my normal mixture lately, but it's fun to mix it up every once in a while. 


What you'll need:
1/2 cup oats (I used the gluten-free kind from Trader Joe's)
1/2 cup water 
1/2 cup milk of your choice (I used almond milk)
1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter or any nut butter of your choice
1 teaspoon flax seeds 
1 teaspoon chia seeds 
1 scoop protein powder (I used vanilla egg white protein)
Any other mix ins you'd like such as bananas, nuts, berries, raisins, etc. 


What to do:
Combine the 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2-2 1/2 minutes 
Stir mixture to combine and let sit for a minute 
Add your peanut butter, flax seeds, chia seeds, protein powder and any other fruits or nuts and stir to combine 
Enjoy!



This breakfast has been such a staple for me over these chilly winter months. I look forward to it every morning and love how great I feel after! 

Do you have any breakfast meals you love to eat that keep you full throughout the morning? Share in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment