Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Healthy Snack Ideas

 
 
If you're like me you eat a lot more than 3 meals a day. I am always snacking to keep me satisfied until my next meal. It can be tricky to stay on track with the added calories but if you make smart choices they will keep you satisfied and won’t blow your calorie allotment for the day.

{via}
 
 
1. Mixed nuts are a great snack that are packed with protein to help keep you full until your next meal. Beware: nuts have a lot of calories so a handful or two is all that you need.
 


{via}


 
2. Mixed berries a packed with antioxidants and can be a great (and delicious) snack. I usually have a few handfuls of fruit followed by some mixed nuts or something else with a bit of protein so it keeps me fuller longer.
 
{via}

3. Hummus is a great snack option. It’s made from chickpeas and is very good for you. There are so many flavor combinations that I never get bored eating this! I usually dip some veggies or tortilla chips in it for a filling snack.

{via}

4. Carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers and other vegetables are a favorite snack of mine. It may sound boring to you but once you start eating raw vegetables every day you start to crave them! Trust me on this. I typically pack at least three different vegetables in my lunch bag as snacks throughout my work day.
 
{via}
 
5.Fruit and vegetable smoothies are amazing. The fruit masks the vegetable taste (I promise) and it’s a great way to get in lots of extra fruits and vegetables into your diet. Adrianne posted more about it here. My favorite combo right now is spinach, frozen mango a banana and water. Blend all ingredients together for an amazingly healthy and filling snack. Don’t be scared by the green color – I promise it’s a sweet treat :)

What are your favorite healthy snacks? Have you tried any of the ones I listed above?





1 comment: