Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Beauty: M.A.C. Paint Pots Review

I used to just throw on some eye shadow in the morning and run out the door without even thinking about using a primer beforehand. I would notice that my makeup would quickly disappear and fade well before I came home at night.
I did some research and tested a few primers out but didn’t like some of the formulas. I was getting a thick, cakey eye makeup that didn’t look so hot. I figured it was better to have my makeup fade than look like I didn’t know how to blend correctly or put a ton of extra makeup in my crease.
I went to M.A.C to get some other products and noticed their Paint Pots and asked if they could be used as primer or if they needed to be worn alone. The makeup artist informed me that they could be used for both and it is a creamy formula that didn’t dry cakey. I knew I needed to give it a try!
Paint Pot description according to M.A.C: A highly pigmented eye color that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colorfast, creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M.A.C shadows and liners.

I purchased the Painterly color because I wanted something neutral to wear alone or dress up if I wanted to. It was the perfect choice. Not only can I wear it alone if I’m going for a more natural look, but can be used as an amazing base for all my other eye shadows without being too much. It has lasted me a long time and when it eventually wears out, I won’t hesitate to purchase it again.
At $18.50 this price point is perfect for the amount of quality product you get. I would recommend it to all of you! There are a ton of other shades to choose from if you want to be more daring than me.

Do you use any makeup primers? Are there any brands you swear by?

No comments:

Post a Comment