Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Adrianne's September Birchbox

Time for another Birchbox review!



1. BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir

2. Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+

3. LiQWd Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner

4. LiQWd Professional Volumizing Catalyst

5. Birchbox and Color Club® Custom Collection

6. twistband™ Lace up for Fall
  
BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir: This perfume was a bit too heavy for me. It is very musky and woodsy, which is definitely not the kind of fragrance I enjoy. Though I wouldn’t choose this fragrance for myself, it might be worth a look if you like deeper scents and tend to stray from the fruitier, lighter scents.

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+: I’m still hooked on the B.B. cream trend, and I love trying out new kinds. The color of this B.B. cream was a little bit dark for me, but it blended really well into my skin. The sample lasted several days, so I was able to try out wearing it from morning to night. The product lasted all day. I’d say the downside to this product is that it only comes in one shade, and as I discovered, the one shade doesn’t match all skin tones. But, it might work for you if you have a medium to dark skin tone.

LiQWd Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner: I was blown away by this shampoo and conditioner. I have tried so many different products to help give my hair volume and bounce and it’s rare that something actually delivers on its promises. After I washed and conditioned my hair, I could already tell it had more body. I towel dried my hair and could actually feel that it was lighter. The same was true when I dried my hair. It had so much movement and felt really clean. I’d venture to guess that the shampoo was a type of clarifying shampoo that rid my hair of any build-up. I’d never heard of this brand, and am so glad I discovered it!

LiQWd Professional Volumizing Catalyst: Another product from the LiQWd line. This is another product intended to help infuse volume into the hair. Though it didn’t specifically say on the bottle, the product reminded me of a spray gel. The directions say to spray the product on the roots of your hair 10 to 20 times. I tried spraying 15 times and I think that was a little much for my fine hair. It left my hair feeling a little bit sticky, but the spray did deliver on the claim that it help provides volume for your hair.

Birchbox and Color Club® Custom Collection: I’ve seen Color Club products making appearances on all sorts of beauty blogs, so I have been curious. The custom color I received is a really vibrant blue, which I love. I tried this polish out on my fingers and toes. It’s stayed put on my toes, but even with a top coat it only lasted one day on my fingers before chipping. I’m not sure if that’s the case with all polishes in this line, but that was my experience. Have you tried Color Club? What do you think?

twistband™ Lace up for Fall: I was a little disappointed to receive this hair tie in my Birchbox, and that’s only because I received one in a previous box. Aside from that, it’s great to have a tie that does no damage and isn’t a pain to remove from your hair.

Have you tried any of these products? Give us your reviews!


No comments:

Post a Comment