Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Adrianne's August Birchbox


The August Birchbox theme was “back to school” essentials for your makeup kit. Though it’s been quite a while since I’ve had a first day of school, I really enjoyed this month’s samples that were focused on the basics.


Schick Hydro Silk Razor

Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive

Comodynes Hydra-Tanning Face Moisturizing Summer Glow

Beauty Fixation Make Up Remover

Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur

DDF® Brightening Cleanser

Schick Hydro Silk Razor: I used to think the commercials touting the fact that more blades on a razor equal a better shave. This razor has convinced me. It gives a nice shave without irritating the skin. Birchbox was nice enough to include a coupon with this razor, so I’ll definitely be purchasing again.

Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive: These tanning towels are very handy and a non-messy way to apply self-tanner. Unfortunately, one towel is not enough to cover the whole body and once you’ve done a few swipes against your skin, the towel loses its firmness and balls up, which makes it really difficult to keep applying and leads to some streakiness and missed areas. With that being said, the color doesn’t look too orange and it gives a nice glow. 

Comodynes Hydra-Tanning Face Moisturizing Summer Glow: This lotion went on very easily and blended in well. I didn’t see much color on my face, but the lotion seemed gentle enough for everyday use on my sensitive skin.

Beauty Fixation Make Up Remover: Makeup remover inside a cotton bud? What a great idea! When you’re ready to use one of these, all you have to do is crack one end and the makeup remover fills the other side of the cotton bud. I recommend using this during your makeup application process to wipe away any small smudges or mistakes. There’s really not enough remover to wipe away makeup when you want to remove everything.

Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur: Having purchased JC Viva la Juicy perfume, I was really happy to receive this Viva la Juicy La Fleur sample. I know I’ve said before that I’m not a huge fan of floral scents, but this fragrance was perfectly balanced. You can smell a subtle hint of flower and a lot more of the fruity scent the original is known for. Love it and would absolutely purchase.

DDF® Brightening Cleanser: I couldn’t have received this sample at a better time. The weather here has been a little crazy – cool, then warm, then hot, then rainy. When the seasons change, my skin definitely notices and doesn’t respond so well. My skin broke out bad and this cleanser helped clear it up. It’s got a fresh scent and is slightly foamy during washing. 

Hope you guys had a lovely Labor Day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment