Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review: Benefit They’re Real! Mascara


I first tried Benefit They’re Real! Mascara via a trial size sample. The product comes in jet black and claims to curl, volumize, lengthen and separate lashes all with one formula and brush. 


According to usage tests conducted by Benefit, here are the results that testers saw:
  • "94% saw dramatic length & volume*
  • 90% saw base-to-tip curl*
  • 94% saw visible lift*
  • 100% saw long-wearing results*
*Results observed in a consumer panel survey" {via}

I’m always a little skeptical of panels like this because of course companies wouldn’t promote disappointing results. I really think the only thing that is going to convince me if a product works or not is for me to try it myself. Once I got my hands on the sample, I knew I would eventually purchase it.

Here’s how the product looks on me. I left the lashes on my left eye untouched so you can compare:


If you compare the way the mascara looks on me to the picture found on the mascara box, you’ll find that they differ quite a bit. It thickened my lashes a bit, but comes nowhere near the lashes featured in that picture. For me, the mascara delivers on several of the claims. It does an excellent job giving my lashes length, volume and lift and is very long-lasting. Unfortunately, I am unable to see the curling effect that’s promised unless I spend time curling my lashes.


One of the best things about the product is the brush. The tip of the brush contains tiny little spikes to help you get your bottom and outermost lashes.


Overall, despite not delivering on all it promises, I’d absolutely recommend picking up a bottle of this mascara. I really do love it. I don't think there's one mascara out there that's going to give you lengthening, curling and thickening all-in-one, but this product comes close. If you’re reluctant to spend the $23, try to get your hands on a sample. My sample came from the points reward program at Sephora.

Have you tried out this mascara? What did you think?



2 comments: