Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Review: Physicians Formula: Shimmer Strips in Nude



My mom picked up the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips nude palette for part of my birthday present and I was so excited to try it out. She had seen reviews comparing it to the Urban Decay Naked Palette (read Adrianne’s review here) and thought I would want to give it a try. I was intrigued because the Urban Decay palette looks awesome and I’ve been debating if I should drop the money and invest in it myself. This was a much more affordable version for a fifth of the price!

The biggest difference was the size. The Physicians Formula version was way smaller and instead of 12 shadows it included 9. The dark shades are also smaller than the other shadows and it was hard to use my normal brush to apply it. This wasn't a deal breaker though.

I haven’t tried out all of the shadows on the palette yet but so far I really like the product. It was really natural looking and when I wore it with primer it really enhanced the colors. There are three different sets of colors with a light, medium and dark shade to enhance the look. I have used the first two sets of colors so far and am waiting for a date night to wear the deeper color shades ;)

I’m excited that there is such variety and plan on mixing and matching different shades in the palette to experiment with different looks. They are all very bendable and easy to apply.


When I compare this palette to some other pricey eye shadows that I own -- it doesn’t disappoint. I thought for sure that I would be able to tell a difference in the product and that it wouldn’t last that long. I was proven wrong. More expensive does not always equal a better deal. 

 Have you tried any of the Shimmer Strips from Physicians Formula? Are there any other affordable cosmetics you swear by?


1 comment:

  1. I just bought this one too! CVS had it on sale, great deal. Nice review, can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete