Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Adrianne's Current Skincare Routine



After a lot of experimenting with different products over the years, I’ve finally settled on a skincare routine that works for me. Although it’s kind of a mish-mash of products from a few different brands, I’m happy with the combination. Of course I get the usual skincare concerns, but overall I feel much more comfortable and confident with my skin than I did just a few years ago.

Morning

  • Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
  • Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15– Sensitive
  • Lip balm or gloss with SPF (varies)
  • Jergens Original Scent Cherry-Almond Moisturizer
Every morning I use Cetaphil’s Gentle Skin Cleanser. I’m not sure what I did before I found this face wash. It’s extremely gentle and does a good job of removing any oil from the face without drying the skin. I follow up by patting my skin dry and applying Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer to my face, neck and ears. Depending on how I’ve done my makeup, I use either a lip balm or gloss. One additional product I use is Jergens lotion—I douse myself in it after I shower. This is a must for me because of my dry skin.

Evening


  • Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
  • Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
  • Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover
  • Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion
  • Olay Night of Olay Firming Cream
  • Clinique All About Eyes Rich
  • Eos Lip Balm Smooth Sphere
  • Jergens Original Scent Cherry-Almond Moisturizer
My night routine is a little more time-consuming. First, I use a makeup wipe to gently take away some of my makeup. Then I use my Cetaphil cleanser and pat my skin dry. I soak a cotton ball in Neutrogena Oil-Free Makeup Remover to take away remnants of eye makeup and mascara. After that, I soak a cotton ball with Clinique’s Mild Clarifying Lotion. This stuff is great for removing those last traces of makeup and toning the skin. Then, I apply Night of Olay Firming Cream all over my face and target the skin around my eyes with Clinique’s All About Eyes Rich (click here for my review). I finish off my facial routine by applying Eos Lip Balm (click here for my review). One of the last things I do before I go to bed every night is massage some Jergens lotion into my feet and put on a pair of cotton socks. This does wonders for smoothing out dry patches.

Body and Miscellaneous

  • Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel
  • St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub
There are a few skincare products that I don’t use every day, but they are important to my routine. I exfoliate once or twice per week (always at night) with St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub. My mom introduced me to this product years ago and it’s always been a go-to of mine—cheap and effective. I’ve also been using Clinique’s Spot Healing Gel (see my review here) to target blemishes.

Even though I’m happy with my routine, I’m always searching for new products to try, particularly those that can help heal or fade dark spots and the occasional blemish.

Tell us about your skincare routine! What are your must-have products?


2 comments:

  1. Hehe! I use some of those products too! I should probably be more considerate of my night/evening routine like yours!

    How is the Cetaphil cleanser? I was thinking about purchasing it.

    http://curiouslyinwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    The Cetaphil cleanser is really good. I'm one of the unlucky ones who has dry skin, but I get breakouts so I need something really mild. I've been using Cetaphil for a few years.

    And I must admit--my nighttime routine sometimes seems a little crazy. :)

    -Adrianne

    ReplyDelete