Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Restaurant Style Guacamole Recipe


Mexican food is one of my favorite things to eat. I could probably eat it every single day but I think Jay would not be thrilled with this idea. Give me some chips and guacamole and I'm the happiest person in the world. I've been working to perfect making guacamole at home so I don't have to go out for it all the time (my wallet is thanking me for this!) and I've finally got it down. I made it twice this past weekend for different parties and knew I had to stop being selfish and share it with all of you. I hope you enjoy! 


What you'll need: 
4 ripe avocados
1 large tomato 
1 jalapeno (find the biggest one you can if you like it a little spicy) 
1 small red onion
1 bunch cilantro 
1 lime
Salt to taste 

What to do:
 1. Finely chop the tomatoes (removing the seeds), jalapeno (leave some seeds if you want it hotter), onion and cilantro and put it all in a large bowl. 

2. Slice the avocados in small chunks and add them to the mixture. I've learned that if you slice the avocados in half and then make diagonal cuts both ways while it's still in the skin and then scoop out the contents it will give you the perfect size (and it's not as messy).

3. Stir up all of the ingredients until you reach your desired consistency. Some people like their guac a little chunky and others like it silky smooth. It's totally up to you. I like to have it mostly smooth with some chunks in there. 

4. Slice your lime in half and squeeze both sides into your mixture. It may seem like a ton of lime juice but trust me -- the avocado neutralizes a lot of the flavors and you will hardly be able to taste it.

5. Sprinkle with salt, mix, add another dash or two depending on your preference and mix again.

6. Grab a big bag of chips and enjoy! :) 



Let us know if you try this recipe! Are there other appetizer recipes you'd like to share? Leave them for us in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment