Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Clinique Product Review: Part One


I recently got my hands on a few Clinique products that I’ve been really anxious to try. Since I bought five different products, I’ll be breaking my review up into two parts. I got a good assortment of products that I’m very excited to share!

Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel

My skin has been going through a rough patch lately. It’s been extremely dry and parched, but it’s completely broken out. Very frustrating. So even though I haven’t been looking for a product to help me get rid of breakouts, the way my skin has been looking prompted this buy.


The product is a thin clear gel that dries on the skin very quickly. All you need to do is apply the gel to your blemishes in the morning and at night. I’ve been following my normal skincare routine and applying the gel when I’m finished. One of the best parts about the gel is that you can use it underneath makeup without any problems. I’ve tried various spot treatments in the past and they tend to flake when makeup is applied over them or even after a while of wearing the treatment.

So far I’ve been loving this product. In just two days, it’s reduced the size of all of my breakouts and cleared up a lot of the redness. Though I don’t think it’s a miracle product, it’s certainly been helping clear up my breakouts more quickly. My skin isn’t so bad that I need to switch to a full acne clearing regimen, so this spot healing gel is the perfect addition to my current skincare routine.

Another great thing about the gel is that I’ve felt no irritation when applying or wearing it. Most acne spot treatments caution that they may dry or irritate the skin because of the salicylic acid content. I’ve experienced this before, but not with Clinique’s gel. 

The price tag isn’t too shabby: 0.5 ounces for $16.00. From what I can tell so far, it’s going to last quite a while. 

Clinique All About Eyes Rich 

Oh, the joys of getting older. I’ve been noticing more fine lines around my eyes. In addition to that, I’ve got dark circles that never seem to go away no matter how much sleep I get or water I drink. I’ve been looking for an undereye cream to help with all of these problems and I have definitely found something promising.

Clinique’s All About Eyes Rich is a moisturizing undereye treatment intended to help with dark circles, shadows and fine lines. If that isn’t enough, it calms the skin and helps de-puff the eye area.


I LOVE this cream!

The product can be used morning and night. I’m always a little skeptical to use an eye treatment in the morning before applying my makeup, but this cream won’t affect the way your makeup looks or feels—aside from making your eye area appear more moisturized. It’s not like many other creams that make your makeup slide or run. 

As soon as I apply the cream, I notice that my skin looks extremely hydrated. My fine lines are less noticeable and it’s helped calm some puffiness I’ve been experiencing. My skin feels soft and smooth after using. I’ve only been using it a few days, so I haven’t been able to tell whether it’s helping my dark circles yet.  

The biggest downside of this product is the price: $30 for 0.5 ounces and $50 for 1.0 ounce. But, it’s definitely worth it if you’re looking for a solid eye treatment. If you’re going to spend money, I think skincare is the area to do it. 

Stay tuned for part two of my Clinique review… have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment