Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Nutrition: Natural Healthier Homemade PB Cups Recipe



If I could pick one thing that I could eat forever and never get sick of it would be peanut butter. Seriously I'm obsessed. I put it in my oatmeal every morning and even eat spoonfuls of it as a snack. I buy the natural kind at Trader Joe's so I don't feel THAT bad about my obsession -- it's a good source of healthy fats and protein.

I recently experimented making my own homemade healthier version of a PB cup and I nailed it. I can't eat added sugars so I omitted it from the ones that I made but it can easily be incorporated into this recipe to make it a little sweeter. If you love peanut butter you're going to love this treat. It's full of good fats and oils and is 100% natural. Can't beat that.


What you'll need (makes 1 large personal PB cup):


1-2 tablespoons peanut butter (or any nut butter of your choice) Since I love peanut butter so much I like my radio to be more PB and less coconut oil/coco powder but if you like them equally the same you can change the measurement ratios.
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2-1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder 
1 teaspoon sweetener of choice (I omitted this step) 
1 cupcake liner 

What to do:
1. Take your cupcake liner and put your peanut butter layer on the bottom. 


2. Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 15-30 seconds until it liquifies 
3. Stir in the cocoa powder (and sweetener if you choose) and it will form a liquid chocolate sauce 
4. Poor on top of your PB base 


5. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours 


6. Enjoy! 



Note: These will melt if kept outside of the freezer so if you make more than one or don't eat the entire thing remember to store the extras back in the freezer.

These couldn't be easier to make and only require a few simple ingredients. I have been eating these for the past few nights and it's safe to say I've found a new guilty pleasure. 

What do you think of this recipe? Do you have other natural healthy desserts you'd like to share?



No comments:

Post a Comment