|1. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner|
|2. amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask|
|3. boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27|
|4. amika Obliphica Hair Treatment|
|5. LÄRABAR® über|
|6. Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds|
|7. Harvey Prince Hello|
Birchbox teamed up with Glamour Magazine to bring us the July box. This month's box was PACKED! Seven items to enjoy - I was one happy girl. I really am impressed with Birchbox and am so happy I decided to keep my subscription. It's a surprise gift every month ... how could you not like that?
1. According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Twiggy fans, rejoice: this London-based brand’s liquid liners let you create mod looks in a flash. Rather than frustrating us with hard-to-control brush tips, they feature a pen-style applicator that’s completely goofproof. Give your basic black a break and experiment with rich Olive or punchy Turquoise. They're guaranteed to make your eyes pop.
My review: I really wanted to like this product because I was searching for a new liquid eyeliner to fall in love with but sadly this was not it. It went on great and with the thin tip applicator it was very easy to apply. However, it didn't stay on very long and even before I left work it was already almost gone. I've tried this several different times and have had the same result.
2. According to the Birchbox Breakdown: It doesn’t matter how often you shampoo and condition—without a regular mask, your strands are bound to feel a bit neglected. Give them the extra attention they deserve with this deeply hydrating mask, which uses Obliphica oil to amp up shine, restore vibrancy, and even help repair split ends. You’ll notice the difference after just one use, and over time your hair will be visibly stronger and healthier.
My review: I really liked this product. Usually hair masks scare me but I used it more as a deep conditioner a few times a week to give my hair an extra boost. It made my hair shiny and silky and I loved the scent.
3. According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Popularized in Asia, BB creams have been making waves on both sides of the Atlantic—and we’re happy to report the positive press is well-deserved. We’re particularly smitten with this preservative-free version from boscia, a brand that combines the best in botanical science with Japanese innovation. It functions as a primer , moisturizer, foundation, and SPF to lighten your makeup bag and streamline your morning routine. The oil-free formula comes in a universal, self-adjusting shade that is suitable for most skin tones. It creates a lustrous finish and provides natural coverage that conceals imperfections.
My review: This was a little darker than the BB Cream that I use from Smashbox but it still blended pretty well. It was light and didn't make me feel like I had a ton of face makeup on (which I love). If I had a little bit more of a tan I think this product would be perfect. Looks like I need to spend more time outside ;)
4. According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Don’t let the word ‘oil’ scare you off — this weightless serum disappears into hair without any residue, and adds tons of softness and shine. Just a couple drops smoothes flyaways, tames frizzies, and protects from heat styling. Good hair days just got infinitely easier.
My review: I LOVED THIS STUFF. Sorry for the caps you guys but this stuff was awesome. The scent was amazing and I loved how the oil smoothed my hair and made it shine. I would buy a full bottle of this stuff in a second. I highly recommend it!
5. According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Mid-day snacking just got a whole lot more exciting thanks to LÄRABAR™’s ϋber bar. Made with whole fruit and nuts, each gooey, delicious bar is the perfect combination of salty and sweet. Roasted Nut Roll is a decadent blend of crunchy nuts, while the dessert-inspired Apple Turnover, Bananas Foster, and Cherry Cobbler flavors evoke Grandma’s recipes.
My review: I had the Bananas Foster flavor and it was a little too sweet for my taste. I've had LÄRABAR's before and have enjoyed them a lot. I think maybe it was the banana flavor that drove it over the edge? Maybe with a handful of nuts this could have been tamed down a bit but to eat it alone it was more like dessert than breakfast or a snack.
6. According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Whether we’re jogging through the park or powering through a laptop session, earbuds are one of our constant accessories. So we started thinking: why stick with the same boring white pair we’ve been using for years? We designed these custom pink and green or pink and blue neon earbuds so we can rock out to our favorite tunes in style. They’re extra-durable and extra-comfy—now that’s music to our ears.
My review: These earbuds were so cute! As I said last week, the neon trend is everywhere - especially in sportswear. These are the perfect addition to my workout attire and I love how bright they are.
7. According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Allow us to introduce you to your new warm weather scent. For their latest fragrance, the brother duo behind Harvey Prince decided to mimic the joy of waking up to a warm day with the sun shining and the flowers blooming. The resulting blend is an energizing mix of citrus and floral notes that will keep you optimistic even when you get up on the wrong side of the bed.
My review: I liked this scent. It was light and refreshing and perfect for the spring or summer. It wasn't overpowering at all.
Want to sign up for your own Birchbox? Click here for more information. Stay tuned to see what Adrianne got in her July Birchbox.