Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Adrianne's July Birchbox



My July Birchbox was fantastic! It was a great combination of beauty and lifestyle products, and I really enjoyed testing every product.




1. Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien

2. Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27++

3. Color Club Blue Ming

4. Stila Lip Glaze in Action

5. Tea Forté minteas

6. Birchbox Exclusive Headphones

1. Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien: This perfume sample was a treat for me. I had never heard of the brand, so I was pleasantly surprised when I wore it for the first time. The citrus scent isn’t too heavy, and it smells incredibly fresh. The price for a full bottle ($85) is a bit too much for me, but if you’re a perfume fanatic and looking for a great spring/summer scent, get to a store to check this one out.

2. Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27++: Though I am a big fan of BB creams, I’ve always been pretty skeptical of skin products that claim to match any skin tone. I’ve tried several foundations that claim to adjust to your skin tone, and I’ve also tried blushes and lip glosses that tout the same. If blushes and lip glosses aren’t the right shade of pink or coral or whatever it may be, it’s not as noticeable as if your foundation doesn’t match. 

When I first applied Boscia’s B.B. cream, I admit I was a little put off. The color looked extremely dark and ruddy. I had to spend quite a bit of time blending the product out in order to get it to look right. Once the product was completely blended, I found that it actually gave a nice finish to my skin. It didn’t feel or look heavy, and it lasted all day. It didn’t completely match my skin, but it came close enough. 

Have you tried self-adjusting makeup? What do you think of it?

3. Color Club Blue Ming: Such a beautiful summer color for nail polish! Over the past couple of years, summer nail polish has gravitated toward cooler ocean tones. I love mint and turquoise colors, especially for the toes. If you haven’t tried this trend, I think this color would be a great start. 

4. Stila Lip Glaze in Action: I already own eight Stila lip glazes. So when I received a lip glaze in a brand new color, I was very excited. Upon first glance, the color looks fairly dramatic. But once I put it on I found that it was a great match for my lip color and seemed to just enhance with a subtle berry color and lots of shine. Though I don’t mind it, some may not like that Stila lip glazes are a bit sticky on the lips. If you can get past the sticky feeling of the lip glaze, you are in for a treat because Stila has great color choices and they’re really long lasting.

5. Tea Forté minteas: This cute little box of mints is the perfect size for your purse. The mints combine green tea, mint and citrus flavors. Being a huge fan of citrus, I really enjoyed these.

6. Birchbox Exclusive Headphones: Not only are these headphones fun colors, but they are very comfortable to wear. As opposed to hard plastic earbuds, the ear pieces on these headphones are very thin, soft and flexible. They do a better job of accommodating the shape of your ear than traditional earbuds. I definitely recommend picking up a pair.

Have you guys been enjoying our Birchbox reviews? Are we providing enough information? Let us know how we’re doing so we can help you decide which beauty products you might want to check out! 


2 comments:

  1. Great review! I have never had any luck with self adjusting makeup. Amanda made me toss a foundation I was using. I have also tried a concealer, no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been skeptical! How on earth do you create one makeup when there are so many skin tones out there? Beats me. The Boscia B.B. cream wasn't too bad, but I remember trying something by Almay that was just way too dark for my skin.

      -Adrianne

      Delete