Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Health: Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water -- Some May Shock You!




It's not a secret, we hear it all the time "Drink more water!!" So why is it so hard to listen? I constantly have to remind myself to get up out of my chair and fill up my cup. After jotting down the top 10 benefits of drinking water that I could think of, I knew I had to share them with all of you. They are great reminders on why filling up your cup several times a day is SO important.



1. Helps You Lose Weight: Yes, it's true! Drinking water reduces your hunger (it's a natural appetite suppressant) and helps raise your metabolism. Sometimes our bodies play a nasty trick on us when we're thirsty and instead it comes off as hunger. Next time you start to get hungry grab a big glass of water, drink up and wait a few minutes.

2. Improves Skin: Drinking water helps to keep your skin moisturized and glowing. It really helps to fight aging and keeps your wrinkles at bay.

3. Flushes Out Icky Toxins: Get rid of that toxin buildup by flushing them out with H2O. Ever wonder what those knots in your back and neck are made of? You got it, toxins! Trust me, you don't want that stuff sticking around in your body.

4. Boosts Energy: Dehydration drains your energy instantly. Feeling sluggish? Grab a few glasses of water and you'll be amazed on how much better you feel.

5. Keeps You Regular: Yes, I said it. It keeps all things in your digestive track moving. Having issues? Drink up!

6. More Effective Workouts: Being properly hydrated for a workout is critical -- especially if you're planning on sweating a lot. Dehydration can keep you from hitting your athletic goals by slowing you down and making it harder to get that extra rep in.

7. Cures Headaches: One of the main causes of headaches are dehydration. Drinking more water could prevent headaches from starting and help cure current ones. I notice a huge difference when I'm drinking the correct amount of water and how clear I can think.

8. Keeps You Feeling Young: As we get older our joints become less lubricated and this causes so many aches and pains. Drinking more water helps keep everything properly hydrated -- leading to less joint pain

9. Makes You Happy: No joke! Think about how happy you are when your body feels good and everything is in perfect running condition. I can't help but to have a skip in my step when I'm thinking clear, have high energy and my skin is smooth.

10. Keeps Your Wallet Full: Water doesn't cost you a dime (unless you drink bottled water). You can drink up as much as you want and don't have to worry about how much your spending.


Need some help on how to get more water in your body every day? Here are some of my quick tips:

1. Use a straw - seriously you'll be amazed at how much quicker you drink your glass of water.

2. Keep track of every glass you have. This will help remind you to drink up if your falling behind your goal for the day.

3. Use a clear cup. You'll be able to see your progress and will know when it's time to go fill up.

4. Put a reminder on your phone, your computer, your dog, basically anywhere you'll likely see it.

Do you drink enough water? What are your favorite reasons for drinking up?


No comments:

Post a Comment