Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Review: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Concealer + Treatment


 
It's no secret that dark circles are my mortal enemy. As I get older they get more and more pronounced due to genetics, lack of sleep and age. I've tried several products to try to conceal them and haven't been totally happy with what I've found yet.
 

 
I saw a review of the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind® Eraser Dark Circles Concealer + Treatment in a magazine I read every month and was intrigued. The editor said that she felt 17-20% more attractive when she used it and that she thought it worked really well -- especially for a drugstore brand. I usually splurge on face makeup products and go cheaper with eye shadows, mascara and lip products but thought it was worth a try.
 
Maybelline claims that the Active Formula and Micro-Corrector Applicator erases dark circles, puffiness and fine lines instantly. These are all issues that I'm having and thought that it would be the perfect find if it worked.
 
 
For a drugstore product I thought it worked pretty well. It didn't TOTALLY get rid of my dark circles but I have yet to find a product that has. It didn't settle into the lines around my eyes and stayed on throughout the day. It was about $10 which is less than half of what I spent on my last concealer.
 
 
I do like the sponge applicator on the top. It's soft and gets the product on very well. After initially applying it to both eyes I used my fingers to pat it in and blend it with my BB Cream. A little goes a long way with the product so apply lightly and build if needed.
 
A lot of reviews on the website say that there are some major issues with the packaging. You have to turn a dial on the product to get the concealer to come out and a lot of people have been saying that it breaks easily and you can't get to to product at all or that it never works. It did take me a LOT of clicks to initially get the product out but so far I haven't had issues with it breaking. I will keep you all updated on that as I continue to use it though!
 
Have you tried this product yet? Do you have any undereye concealers that you've tried that work great? We'd love to hear about it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment