If you’ve got fine or thin hair and struggle with getting volume in your hair, don’t worry because it’s really easy! All you need are a few tools and products that you probably already own, some time and the right technique.
What you need:
- Blow dryer
- Curling iron, 1 inch
- Set of Velcro rollers, 1 or 1 ½ inch
- Heat protectant
- Hair spray
How to do it:
1. Towel dry your hair. Make sure to squeeze the water out and not rub your hair or scalp. Apply a small amount of mousse.
2. Flip your head over and dry your hair completely. Spray your hair with heat protectant and finger comb your hair.
3. Section your hair into three portions—one on either side of your head and one section on the top of your head. Clip off the side sections for now.
4. Take a 1-inch section of hair from the top of your head and curl it backward. Hold for 30 seconds. Immediately after you release the curl, grab a Velcro roller and place it in your hair in the same manner you curled your hair. Secure with a bobby pin at the base of the roller. The key to this step is to get the roller in your hair while it’s still hot from the curling iron.
5. Continue this way until you’ve done the middle section of your hair. Once you’ve finished the middle section, repeat this process until you’ve done each side of your head.
When you’re finished curling and placing rollers in your hair, mist all of your hair with hairspray.
6. Leave the rollers in your hair until they completely cool. I usually have to do my makeup, watch tv or do some housework to keep myself occupied long enough that I don’t touch the rollers until they’re ready to come out!
7. Once the rollers have cooled, gently remove each one without pulling on the curl.
8. After you’ve removed the rollers, spray again with hairspray and mess your hair with your fingers. (You could also gently tease the roots of your hair before this step for some extra staying power.)