Brownies + cupcakes – two things I love. I do try to eat healthy, but sometimes I just can’t resist baking a delicious treat.
These chocolate brownie cupcakes are quick and not difficult to make. In fact, I bet you have a lot of the ingredients already in your home!
What you’ll need:
- 3 ½ ounces of milk chocolate
- 1 cup of pecans or walnuts (your choice, thought I like walnuts better with this recipe!)
- 7 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 10 tablespoons of lightly salted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups of self-rising flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- Cupcake liners
- Cocoa powder for dusting, if desired
- Ice cream for serving, if desired
How to do it:
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- If you don’t have pre-chopped milk chocolate and nuts, chop them before you begin.
- Line your cupcake tin with liners.
- Melt the bittersweet chocolate with the butter in a double boiler. Stir frequently until it’s smooth, then remove from heat. Not sure how to do this? Click here for a good tutorial.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together. Add this mixture to the bittersweet chocolate and nuts. Sift the flour and baking powder, then add it to the bowl and stir.
- Stir in the milk chocolate and nuts, then place some of the batter into each cupcake liner.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, checking frequently. You want the tops of the cupcake to form a light crust, but for the rest of the brownie cupcake to be soft. Once you remove the cupcakes from the oven, let them rest and cool for about 10 minutes.
- To serve, place a mini scoop of ice cream on top of each cupcake. Dust the top with cocoa powder.