Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Adrianne's November Birchbox



November’s Birchbox was all about giving—the products are from brands that give back. Also included was a small gift box to encourage a little giving of your own.




 

1. Lulu Organics® Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder 

2. Mox Botanicals Lip Butter 
3. One Love Organics® Aromatic Body Serum 
Birchbox GIVE gift box


4. ModelCo FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara 

5. John Varvatos Artisan 2.5 oz

1. Lulu Organics® Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder: No matter how hard I try to get into the routine of washing my hair every other day or occasionally skipping a wash, I just can’t do it. My hair gets too oily during the day and I don’t even use many products to style it. I’ve tried sprays and dry shampoos, but I hadn’t yet tried a powder. This organic hair powder has a really light and sweet fragrance. You’re supposed to pour a little into your hands, rub them together, then massage through your roots and brush your hair. I did as instructed and was pleasantly surprised with the results. Just after brushing, I ran my hands through my hair and noticed that it didn’t feel as oily. Later in the day, though, my hair went back to being oily. If you wash your hair every other day and are looking for a product to add to your second day hair routine, give this powder a try. 

2. Mox Botanicals Lip Butter: As soon as I tried this product I was hooked. I received the pomegranate and fig scented balm, and it smells wonderful. The product is organic and all natural, and relies on shea and avocado butter as well as jojoba and meadowfoam seed oil (which I hadn’t heard of before) to relieve dryness and keep your lips looking great. Though I’m typically not a fan of lip balms you have to apply with your fingers, I’ll overlook that in this case because this lip butter does everything it’s supposed to do!

3. One Love Organics® Aromatic Body Serum: This body serum is a very lightweight oil scented with neroli to energize, chamomile to soothe, lavender to heal and rose for femininity. The product is organic and made from a blend of plant oils. As with any serum or body oil, the product doesn’t completely blend all the way into the skin so a light layer is left. Though I didn’t notice any energizing or healing, the serum is a good moisturizer and left my skin smelling sweet. 

4. ModelCo FIBRE LASHXTEND Lengthening Mascara: I cannot tell you how excited I was to receive a full size mascara in my Birchbox. Aside from the super sleek packaging, one side of the tube has a mirror on it – great idea! Unfortunately, I wasn’t blown away by the actual product. With that being said, I think most of my issue with this mascara is that I like my lashes to have a lot more drama than this product gives. In addition, the description of the product promises much more than what the mascara delivers. This mascara is supposed to mimic false lashes by depositing tiny fibers onto your lashes to thicken and lengthen them. When I took the wand out of the tube and looked at the brush, I was anticipating good results because of the large brush. What I got was a darker tint to my lashes and a very natural look—not the drama I was promised. If you love a natural look, I would recommend checking out this mascara. If you’re like me and you want your lashes to look as thick and long as possible, I’d recommend skipping this one.

5. John Varvatos Artisan Cologne: Well, this is a first. I received a MEN’S cologne sample. Being that the theme of this month’s box is all about giving, I think Birchbox is hoping for me to give this sample away. In any case, I did smell the cologne and it’s a very light and mild scent. If I hadn’t read the description of the product, I might have thought it was a women’s perfume. 


No comments:

Post a Comment