Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Amanda's November Birchbox




1

2

3


4
5


The theme of November's Birchbox was Give - pretty fitting, no? I got a good mix of products this time around and I was very excited to try them all out. Good thing I have Jay in my life otherwise the last sample (men's cologne) would have been pretty useless to me. I know what they were trying to do here, but I don't think it was executed correctly. Maybe they could have included that as a bonus item instead of the 5th one? Here's what I got:
1. One Love Organics® Aromatic Body Serum
According to the Birchbox Breakdown: We have plenty of nourishing potions and lotions for the skin on our faces, but from the neck down it’s a bit of a wasteland. That’s all changing thanks to this brand new body serum from One Love Organics. Handmade with ethically sourced essential oils, the spray-on treatment hydrates skin and leave it lightly scented. Plus, it’s a Birchbox exclusive!
My Review: I wasn't sure what the heck this was when I first opened it until I read more about it. As you can see in the photo above the bottle had leaked a little when shipped. It's an odd concept to have a spray hydrating treatment for your body but for someone who ALWAYS has dry skin this was a fun alternative.
2. Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray Travel Size
According to the  Birchbox Breakdown: We love the sexy bedhead look, but our hair rarely looks hot right after we roll out of bed in the morning. That’s why we’re totally obsessed with this volumizing spray from celebrity stylist Oscar Blandi. All we have to do is lift sections of hair while spraying it from ends to roots, and voila! We’ve got sultry, tousled strands in less time than it takes to get a vanilla soymilk latte en route to the office.
My Review: I was really excited for this sample. I've read really good reviews on the Oscar Blandi brand and knew I would be happy with the product. It's safe to say I will be sad when this little bottle runs out. So fun for a night out or anytime I want to give my hair a little boost. It smells great and lasted all day!
3. ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss
According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Sydney-based ModelCo prides itself in creating products that are fuss-free but high impact—ideal for off-duty beauties (models and non-models, alike). This non-sticky gloss goes on smoothly and gives lips a soft punch of sheer, slightly shimmery color. This slim tube has a built-in mirror so you can reapply on the go.
My Review: I love the packaging. The mirror on the side is so convenient. Unfortunately, I didn't like the flavor at all and the gloss was really sticky. I really wanted to like this because the packaging was so darn cute.
4. Caldrea Hand Soap
According to the Birchbox Breakdown: In the world of hand soaps, this isn’t your usual in-and-out, get the job done formula. This polished number is the sort that waltzes in, meticulously cleans your skin, and then disappears, leaving a luscious fragrance behind. Made with ethically-sourced aloe vera gel, olive oil, and essential oils, the soaps are formulated to soften and purify without drying out skin. Plus, the modern packaging looks straight out of a spread in a design magazine.
My Review: I wasn't too excited about receiving soap ... that is until I smelled these samples. Holy amazing! They left my hands smooth and smelling so great. I'm very tempted to pick up a bottle for myself!
5. John Varvatos Artisan Cologne
According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Gift someone special this subtle, summery eau de toilette from Motor City designer John Varvatos. It’s the cologne equivalent of your favorite jeans and a just-washed tee: classic, cool, and easy-going. Even the packaging—a flask wrapped in hand-woven rattan—exudes laid-back class.
My Review: Well since this is a men's cologne I can't really give much input. However, it did have a light scent and Jay seemed to not mind it. I guess that's a big thumbs up in guy land ;)

Want to try Birchbox for yourself? Click here for more info.

Have you tried any of the products listed above? What did you think of this month's box?

No comments:

Post a Comment