Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Queso Blanco Recipe

 
So I know we like to promote health on this blog but sometimes an amazing recipe comes along that is too good not to share. I've been making this queso blanco for most parties and events lately and it's always a big hit. Who doesn't like cheese? And don't get me started on tortilla chips, I could eat my body weight in them easily. I just whipped up a batch last night for my company holiday party potluck and I'm planning on bringing another batch to a party this weekend. It's very easy to make and very hard to mess up -- my kind of recipe!
 
{via}
 
What you'll need:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1 large diced jalapeno with the seeds and stem removed
16 ounces white American cheese, shredded or cubed
4 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
3/4 cup cream or half-and-half
1 (10 oz.) can Rotel
1-2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
1 small bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
 
What to do:
Heat the oil in a saute pan. Cook the onion and pepper until softened and reduce heat to medium-low. Add the cheeses and 1/2 cup of the cream. Stir until mostly melted. Add the can of diced tomatoes and green chilies, the diced tomatoes, cilantro, and additional cream a little at a time until you reach desired consistency.
 
Tips: I had to buy the white American cheese at the deli counter and then cut it up into cubes. I couldn't find it anywhere else! Also, leave some of the jalapeno seeds in and add a little more white onion if you want a kick. I bring it over in a crock pot and let guests enjoy it all evening.

Do you have any recipe favorites you bring to parties? We'd love to hear them! Let us know if you make this and how it turns out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment