Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Our Health: It’s All About Moderation


Do forgive me for throwing a cliché at you, but I sincerely believe that moderation is one of the best ways to living and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

It took me a very long time to realize that I can’t just eat whatever I want and expect to look and feel healthy. When I was in college, I was a very busy girl. In addition to my classes, I held two part-time jobs and played softball. I rarely prepared myself a meal and I mostly relied on the not-so-healthy stuff in our school cafeteria or stops at Wendy’s on the way home from a doubleheader. Even though I was in good shape and working out a lot because of softball, I weighed a lot more than was comfortable for me.

It was all about my eating habits. With every meal, not only did I eat things that weren’t very healthy, but I also ate until the point that I felt full. I often came away from a meal feeling sluggish and it’s because I stuffed my face. And even when healthy options were in front of me, I always opted for the fatty, fried and salty foods.

It’s been years since college and I’ve managed to transform my eating habits. It’s rare that I sit down and eat until I feel uncomfortable and can’t stand up. There have been plenty of times where I’ve been at lunch with friends and received comments about not being able to finish my whole meal. It’s all teasing and good fun, but the reason I do things like that is because it helps me prevent myself from over eating. I haven’t given up the foods that I love, but I do try to eat healthy for the most part. It’s really important not to deny yourself things, because that’s when cravings strike. Don’t deny yourself things, but also realize that you can’t eat junk at every meal.

Pinned Image 

It’s also important to find what works best for you. For me, I try to eat less during every meal, but I eat more frequently throughout the day. That’s not the best approach for everyone, but it’s one that’s helped me. Oh – and don’t forget to squeeze in some exercise!

Feel free to share your best tips for staying healthy – we’d love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment