For those of you who know me, you know that I LOVE pizza. Since I have a love/hate relationship with gluten I've tried several different recipies over the past year that were gluten free but still allowed me to eat delicious pizza.
For dinner a few weeks ago I plaedn on making pizzas (surprised?) Instead of my usual gluten free crusts of choice I decided to try something new: cauliflower pizza. I've seen several recipes floating around on Pinterest and decided to finally give it a try.
What you'll need:
1 and 1/2 cups grated cauliflower
1 egg, beaten
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. garlic (I used crushed garlic)
1 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional - I like it hot!)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
2. Chop up the cauliflower into little florets and grate then with a cheese grater
3. Rice the grated cauliflower by placing it in the microwave for 2 minute intervals until it is softened (I cooked mine for about 4 minutes)
4. Mix the cauliflower, egg, mozzarella cheese and spices in a bowl until combined
5. On a greased cookie sheet or pizza pan press dough into a thin circle
6. Cook for 12-15 minutes and remove from oven
7. Top with ingredients of choice. I picked pizza sauce, mushrooms and spinach and a little cheese and some more red pepper flakes (told you I like it hot)
8. Change oven to the broiler setting and cook pizza for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is brown and the toppings are cooked
It was a healthier alternative to the pizza that I love and I am making it again tonight. I'm already dreaming about it and it's only 8 a.m.!
Are there any healthy recipes you've tried via Pinterest (or elsewhere) that you'd like to share? We are always looking for new ones!