Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kiehl’s Dark Spot Corrector Testing and Review: Part One



I used to think that once I got to my late twenties, I could stop worrying about getting breakouts. While I don’t get them nearly as often as I used to, I find that now any breakouts I do get leave lovely red marks on my face once they've healed. Super annoying.

I’ve tested various spot fading serums and lotions, but have found them to be ineffective for my skin. Here’s what I’ve tried:
  • Mederma: Just didn’t work for me.
  • ScarZone: This product is great for fading scars. I had heard it could be used for acne spot fading, but unfortunately the formula is a little thick to use on the face. The company makes a product called ScarZone Acne, which I tried, but found that it really didn’t make much of a difference for my skin.
  • Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Corrector: I splurged on this. I went through one whole bottle, which lasted me just over one month. Unfortunately I didn’t even see the beginning of any results, so I didn’t purchase again.
I even tried visiting a dermatologist. She gave me a few samples to try, but they were too harsh for my sensitive skin. I had given up for a while, but recently started thinking about summer coming up. As much as I LOVE makeup, once in a while it would be nice to not have to worry about putting on foundation or concealer. It would be great to forgo those things and be able to feel confident about my skin.

Since the middle of April, I’ve been testing a product called Kiehl’s Dark Spot Corrector. I read rave reviews about the product. It’s not cheap, so I was hesitant to buy it, but I figured this would be my one last hurrah before I throw in the towel.



The product is a serum – it almost feels a little bit thicker than water. I purchased the product from Nordstrom’s and the saleswoman advised me to use two or three drops on my face twice per day. The serum is very easy to apply, but I’ve found that I need more than two or three drops of the product to cover my face. Once I’ve applied, I go on with my regular skin care routine.

It’s a few days into June and I’m a bit more than halfway through the bottle. (It’s lasting a lot longer than I thought.) I’m planning to provide a part two to this post to give my thoughts on whether the product has worked. I’ll do that once I’ve finished off this first bottle. So far it’s not been the miracle product I hoped for, but I think I’ve begun to see some results.

Here are some before pictures:

Thrilled to be sharing my no-makeup face with you!


Stay tuned for the after pictures and to see if the serum works!


No comments:

Post a Comment