Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Beauty: BB Cream Review

I'm sure by now most of you have at least heard of BB Cream (Blemish Balm or Blemish Base) before but when I first tried it a few months ago it was just starting to show up in stores. I was using full coverage foundation during the winter months and although it felt a little heavy, it was okay because my face was so dry. In the spring and summer I tend to walk around with a lot less makeup on my face and hate the feeling of slimy foundation. I was searching for a tinted moisturizer to start using but I wanted something that provided a little more coverage.

Adrianne (the makeup expert that she is) told me all about this miracle BB Cream. She said it was a big thing in Japan and was just starting to surface here in the US and that I should really check out some before buying a tinted moisturizer. I forced her (okay ... she lives in this store who are we kidding) to run over to Sephora one day on our lunch break to show me different ones and help me pick one out.

The makeup artist who ended up assisting us was super nice, but MAJORLY overdone. I was terrified when she started to remove my normal makeup to apply the BB Cream. I really hope I didn't walk back into work looking overdone like that. Luckily it was perfect. She tired a few on my hands before I decided to have her apply the Smashbox Camera Ready brand of BB Cream to my face. It was amazing - light, fuller coverage than a tinted moisturizer but did not feel like I was wearing makeup at all. I couldn't believe how much it covered and brightened up my complexion.
{via}
The makeup artist told us that the BB Creams actually could help improve your complexion over time and could also be used as a primer if you were searching for more coverage for an evening out or special event. The Smashbox brand offers SPF 35 which I love and doesn't have a strong scent to it. I've been wearing it every day for the past few months and still love it. It stays on all day and even Jay has told me he liked the way it looked (he actually noticed!) So if that's not enough reason to try some of this stuff I don't know what is.

Adrianne has tried some BB Cream by Garnier and said for a drugstore brand it was actually not that bad. You might want to try out a lower-end brand before committing to a bottle of the more expensive stuff. Trust me when I say it's worth it though!

Have you tried BB Cream yet? If so, what did you think? Do you have a favorite brand you think we should try?




No comments:

Post a Comment