Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: OPI in Gargantuan Green Grape


OPI is one of my favorite nail polish brands. They have an awesome range of colors and are always coming out with new shades. It might sound silly, but one of the great things about the bottle is the thick brush. It takes less swipes on each nail because there are so many bristles. 

I recently picked up a new color: gargantuan green grape. If you search online, you’re likely to find a variety of pictures where the polish looks different. In some, the polish looks like a light olive shade. In others, it looks more mint-colored with some blue. I’m not sure if people have mislabeled their pictures, but it’s definitely more of a mint blue-green. 

Here’s my bottle and how it looks on me:





This is a GORGEOUS color! 

The only drawback of this polish is the consistency of the formula. Usually with OPI colors, I need two coats (and with some can get away with one if I want a lighter effect). That’s definitely not an option with this color. No matter what you do, the first coat will look streaky. And, even with a thick second coat, it may still look streaky. Once I applied the third coat, I loved it. The color is great—bright but not crazy. It’s something fun for the summer, but not so over-the-top that I couldn’t wear it to work. 

What is your latest nail polish splurge? 


No comments:

Post a Comment