Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Intro to CrossFit Post 2 + Another Beginner Workout

 
 
If you read my last post about CrossFit you know that it's a lot of functional movements at a very high intensity. In other words, you workout as hard as you can as quickly as you can. It's tough, and we haven't even been to our first full class yet!
 
 
Our second class included learning more moves that we would be using during our regular sessions. We learned how to properly do a dead lift (turns out it's NOT a back exercise like I originally thought - whoops!), cleans, wall balls and burpees. All of these moves were very hard and took me a while to get a hang of. After we went through the movements with the coach several times to work on form, he let us loose to do a modified WOD that incorporated these movements.


10 Reps for Time
5 Dead lifts
5 Cleans
5 Wall balls
5 Burpees
 
It took every ounce of effort and energy for me to finish. At about rep 7 I was struggling and knew I had to stay mentally strong to finish. It took me 21:11 to get through it (a lot slower than I hoped) but I finished. I'm proud that I was able to do that and now have a goal time to beat for next time we do a similar workout.
 
I know there are a lot more CrossFit moves that we didn't cover during our introductory classes but I am looking forward to learning more as we go. Our first real class is tonight and I can't wait! I'll report back soon -- that is if I can still type.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment