Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wedding: Amanda's Hair and Makeup Look


Aloha from Maui! Here's another wedding post in honor of my wedding last weekend :) I hope you enjoy!

I did a hair a makeup trial a few weeks before the wedding and I am happy that I can finally share the photos with you! Jay reads this blog and I didn't want him to have a sneak peak of what I was going to look like on the big day.

For my wedding makeup I wanted to keep it natural and simple. I wanted to look like an enhanced version of myself but still like myself. I didn't want to be overly done or look like a clown so I asked my makeup artist to keep it simple and use lighter colors on my eyes and lips. 



She used:
Bronzer 
Peach blush 
Brown eyeshadows from a huge makeup kit (I'm so jealous of her stash!)
Fake eyelashes that I purchased from Nordstrom Rack 
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture lip stain in #29 Rose Forreau 

I knew I wanted my hair up and out of my face at the wedding. I had pinned a bunch of images on my Pinterest hair board and they all had one thing in common: loose romanic curls that were up in a low bun at the nape of the neck. I knew I had to try the look to see if it looked how I imagined. My hairstylist was able to recreate the look so quickly and I was so happy with how it turned out. 









I will share wedding photos with the official hair and makeup look when I get back but these were what we went off of for the big day. 

So what do you think? What hair and makeup looks are you loving for weddings this season?


No comments:

Post a Comment