Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Amanda's First ipsy Bag Review


I finally made the switch from Birchbox to ipsy and I am SO glad that I did. Not only are the products I received a lot better (I liked 4 out of 5 of them and usually I only like one from my Birchbox) but they were FULL sized products instead of tiny samples. All for the same price! I couldn't believe the difference and do not regret the switch at all. 

The products all came in a cute bag that matched the theme of the month. June was On the Wild Side. Pretty fitting, no? 





Here's what  I got this month: 


1. Cailyn Cosmetics Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner with built-in brush in Iron. I loved the applicator on this gel eyeliner. I was able to easily make a sexy cat eye look without the mess. I really liked the color too. Iron was a darker grey and wasn't too harsh to wear during the day. I can't wait to create more makeup looks with this! 


2. NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic. Another winner. This blush was perfect with my coloring and lasted all day. I loved the creamy texture and the way it glided on my skin. Definitely recommend this product! 



3. J.Cat Beauty Sparking Cream Palette. This was the one thing in my bag that I did not like this month. You can't use this on your eyes so it has to be applied somewhere on your body. I haven't used body glitter since the 8th grade (embarrassingly enough my girlfriends and I used to dump buckets of glitter on ourselves before going to our middle school dances. The horror!) Some reviewers have suggested mixing this with nail polish -- not a bad idea that I might look into if I don't use this for halloween or give it to my niece to play with. Oh well, they can't all be fantastic! 

4. Starlooks Lip Pencil in Tipsy. I loved this lip pencil! It was a perfect coral color that looks great with my coloring. It stayed on forever and didn't have a bad smell or taste. I was searching for a coral lip liner and am so glad that I waited for this! 

5. Chella Ivory Lace Highlighter Pencil. This highlighter pencil is amazing. I used it in place of my concealer when I tried it out and it did a great job of covering my under eye circles and highlighted the features in my face very well. I've been wanting to try a pencil like this and am so glad I received it this month! 

Overall I loved my ipsy bag and can't wait to see what I get next month! So long, Birchbox! You won't be missed :) 

Want to try out ipsy for yourself? Click here to sign up! 





1 comment: