Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 14, 2013

Tips for Getting Long, Strong, Healthy Hair


Ever since I was little I've almost always had long hair (minus a few unfortunate short cuts that I will never understand). 




It's hard to keep long hair healthy. Here are some of the things that have really helped me over the years and I hope they help you too! 

1. Never brush your hair -- especially when it's wet. This will cause all kinds of damage and breakage. Use a wide tooth comb instead and slowly comb through your hair to remove the tangles. 

2. Do a deep conditioning treatment about once a week. Let it sit on your hair for about 10 minutes before rinsing it out. Your hair will feel smooth and look so shiny.

3. Put your blowdryer down. It may not be fun to sit around with wet hair but I promise you, you'll see a huge difference in how healthy your hair looks if you don't blow dry it every day. I usually wash my hair at night and let it air dry. I touch it up when I get up with a quick swoop of my curling iron or flat iron. 

4. Use a hair protecting serum when you have to apply heat. Need to curl or straighten your hair? Apply a hair protecting serum beforehand to minimize the damage. 

5. Go for regular trims. It may seem silly to cut it often when you're trying to grow out your hair but I promise this will do wonders for the health of your hair. Your split ends will be minimal and you'll give your hair a real chance to grow. Try to get a trim every 6-8 weeks if you can.

6. Take fish oil, vitamin E and flax seeds. These really help promote hair growth and I've seen a huge difference since I started taking them in my hair, skin and nails. 

7. Don't wash your hair every day. Use dry shampoo between washings if your hair is on the greasy side. Washing it will dry your hair out and it's really harsh on your hair. I promise you will see great results! 

These are some tips that have helped me maintain long healthy hair over the years. Do you have any tips to share? 


No comments:

Post a Comment