Truth be told, I'm not a morning person. I sleep as long as I can before dragging myself out of bed, quickly doing my hair and makeup, eating breakfast and running out the door to get to work. I often shower the night before to save time but my hair can be really interesting looking after sleeping on it wet all night. Here are some of my go to fixes when I'm not having the best hair day.
1. I wet my bangs and front of my hair and quickly use a large round brush and blow dry it back to life. You'd be amazed what just 3 minutes under a little heat will do to your hair.
2. Using a 1 and 1/2 inch curling iron I go through random pieces of hair and curl it to create a tossed wavy look. I take care NOT to make it neat so that it looks a little unruly on purpose. Add a little hair spray and some shine serum and I'm good to go.
3. I don't wash my hair every day to preserve some of the natural oils that are good for my scalp but after a day or two you can start to notice. I spray my bangs and scalp with dry shampoo and let sit for two minutes before combing out. It gives my hair volume and takes away any unwanted greasy look.
4. If I'm out of dry shampoo baby powder also works wonders. I know, you must think I'm crazy but I swear it works! Add a little at a time, massage into your scalp and comb through.
5. If all else fails I throw my hair up in a top knot, braid or low bun. It's easy and no matter how bad my hair looked beforehand it always does the trick.
Do you have any tips for battling a bad hair day?