Follow Our Blog

Our Awesome Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Amanda's October Birchbox






1. Harvey Prince Eau Flirt in Lavender Pumpkin

According to the Birchbox Breakdown: It takes a lot of moxie to actually wink at someone. We’d rather let our scent do the flirting. This sweetly mischievous fragrance channels our inner girly girl with a combination of fresh florals and warm spices. You’ll want to pair this one with your most confident outfit.

My Review: The perfume did smell good but I didn't feel extra flirty when I put it on (can a perfume even do that?) I wouldn't shell out the $98 to buy a bottle but did enjoy the sample.



2. theBalm® cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer

According to the Birchbox Breakdown: If being too gorgeous were a crime, this luminizing powder would turn us all into serial offenders. Ok, maybe that’s a little extreme, but can you blame us? This three-in-one highlighter, eyeshadow, and all-over shimmer is the prettiest honey-hued pigment we’ve ever laid our eyes on. We wear it when we want to sport a unified look that plays up our best features (think model-esque cheekbones and alluring eyes).

My Review: This product confused me when I first opened it. It looked like a shimmery eyeshadow but the directions said to apply on cheekbones and on other areas of my face that I wanted highlighted. It worked great as a eyeshadow and eye luminizer but not so much for my cheeks.



3. Mox Botanicals Lip Butter

According to the Birchbox Breakdown: This artisanal lip balm is the best thing to come out of Oregon since Portlandia. Free of artificial ingredients, it’s made with shea butter, jojoba, and other natural hydrators. We love the dense, smooth texture and the sweet Pomegranate & Fig flavor (a Birchbox exclusive!). Plus, the indie cool design of its recyclable MIRON glass container will look right at home with all our sleek fab.com finds.

My Review: I love that it's free of artificial ingredients and is all natural. I wasn't blown away by the product but since it's free of all the nasty chemicals it earns an extra star. I'm happy to have this for the upcoming winter months!



4. Mighty Leaf Tea - Tea Pouches

According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Tea snobs love these hand-picked whole leaf blends from Mighty Leaf. Each satchel is cleverly marked with its caffeine content and correct brewing time, so you can make the perfect cup every time. In addition to being major taste bud treats, the teas are made with the best natural ingredients and are full of antioxidants. Each blend of organic tea leaves, dried fruits, and spices is neatly packed into a silken biodegradable pouch.

My Review: I love tea so I was very excited to get these in my box this month. I've actually tried this brand before and really like the flavor combinations. Well done, Birchbox!



5. LiQWd The Perfect Wave

According to the Birchbox Breakdown: Pro surfers can paddle circles around us, but we’ve got them beat when it comes to beachy waves. LiQWd’s styling cream lets us get effortlessly tousled locks without getting anywhere near the ocean. Infused with high-tech ingredients, the lightweight formula adds tons of texture and body, even if your locks are naturally straight. It contains a blend of moisturizing oils and extracts revive damaged locks, as well as an intoxicating floral scent.

My Review: It did enhance my natural waves a bit but not as much as I would have liked. My hair was also frizzier than normal and I had to use a lot of smoothing serum to tame it. I wouldn't buy this product.



6. LiQWd SiLK Professional Deep Conditioning Treatment

According to the Birchbox Breakdown: We always thought of quinoa as a healthy lunch staple, but LiQWd’s lavish hair treatment is putting the super grain to a whole new use. This nourishing deep conditioner uses quinoa proteins to smooth stubborn tangles and guard against heat damage. A touch of grape and pomegranate seed oils hydrate dry strands, lending them silkiness and shine.

My Review: I really liked this deep conditioner. My hair has been so dry because of the dropping temps outside and needed some extra TLC. My hair was smooth and silky soft. It never got greasy and made my hair easier to blow dry and straighten. I really liked this product! Who knew that quinoa could also be good for your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment